Kim, Dawn and Mason

A place for me to share the next phase of our lives; being mommies to Mason!

Thursday, October 22, 2009

The end is near :-(

I am sad to say that my maternity leave is quickly coming to an end. I return to work on November 2. That will most likely be the saddest day that I have had in a long time. That day means that I will no longer be at home all day every day with my little man. That day means there is an end to lying around all day in my pajamas. That day means that I will have to do more to my hair than let it air dry. That day means that there is an end to watching Dr. Oz, Rachel Ray, The Price is Right, Ellen and Oprah. That day means I will return to the real world of working parents. That day means that I will actually have to “work”. Now don’t get me wrong, I have “worked” for the past 12 weeks but it has been mommy work. That day I will hopefully have had at least 4 hours of sleep so I can hit the ground running. That day means that I will have to leave Mason in the care of someone that is practically a stranger to me. Oh that is the one that hurts the most. That day I will have to let go of some of my fears and anxiety and will have to trust that everything will be OK. That day is coming all too soon. Oh, how sad that makes me. For those of you few people that happen to be following this blog, feel free to call me and offer me your ear as I whine loudly about having to return to work and leave my precious baby. I will need your support.

No comments: