Kim, Dawn and Mason

A place for me to share the next phase of our lives; being mommies to Mason!

Monday, November 16, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today is my 39th birthday! While some people wouldn't be excited to tell everyone about their 39th birthday, I am. The reason for that is this birthday is the first one that I can celebrate as a mommy! For the past 5 years, I have been very sad on my birthday as it was just another birthday without a child in my life. It was just another year that has passed me by still leaving a huge void in my life. I thank God that I didn't have to say that this morning. He has blessed me with a handsome baby boy. While Dawn has always made my birthdays special, today was even more special to be sharing my day with her and our beautiful son. She and Mason hid birthday surprises throughout the house for me to find. Mason was so excited about the presents that he couldn’t keep from waking up several times during the night to tell me about them. He finally won at 5:20am. I went upstairs to get him. I put him in his swing thinking he may go back to sleep for a little bit while I showered but he was too excited. He was “talking” up a storm. He was trying to tell me about all of the cool gifts that I needed to search for. When I went to get him out of the swing, he gave me his usual huge grin and of course I just melted. It was then that I knew that today was going to be the best birthday yet.

No comments: