Kim, Dawn and Mason

A place for me to share the next phase of our lives; being mommies to Mason!

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Day 2 - Your high school self

Describe your high school self. What extracurricular activities, if any, did you participate in during high school.

I went to a very small private school called Mims Academy. It was about 30 minutes from my house but close to my mom's job. The public schools around our house were very poor performing schools so my parents made the investment to send me and my 3 siblings to a private school hoping for a quality education for all of us. As I stated, the school was fairly small. My class was a whopping size of 30 students and that was the largest class in the school for the most part. I was an A-B student for most of high school. Of course I had an occasional C but for very rarely were my grades ever much lower. I had to maintain a certain grade point average to play sports so did what I had to do to always be eligible for sports.

Since I was an athlete, I was pretty much involved with the "in" crowd. I played basketball and softball and was a manager for the boys football team. I was an average basketball player and a better than average softall player. Softball was my main sport and I absolutely loved playing. I played on my high school softball team and on a women's traveling team during the summers. Once I went to college, I played on a travelng women's team and a co-ed team for many years. I chose not to play college softball for many reasons I now regret but oh well.

I had three best friends in high school. We did everything together during those wonderful years. Unfortunately we all went our seperate ways after high school. Other than playing sports and hanging with my 3 best friends, there wasn't much else to high school for me so I'll spare you the rest of the details!

Until next time......

No comments: