Kim, Dawn and Mason

A place for me to share the next phase of our lives; being mommies to Mason!

Monday, April 6, 2009

Froggy Tales - Our Nursery Theme

We had an exciting weekend that was filled with all sorts of baby purchases. We ordered our crib, two dressers and all the bedding and room accessories. For the most part, things went well with the exception there was almost a catastrophe which I am certain would have led to having an emotional pregnant woman on site in Babies R Us. I will explain. Dawn and I choose our nursery theme several months ago and were both in love with the pattern that we chose. However, we decided to wait until I was about 20 weeks along before we purchased anything; almost a BIG mistake. We woke up on Saturday morning and ventured to Babies R Us to order our furniture and buy the accessories for the room. Of course, I am really excited as I have wanted to decorate the room for weeks now. So, we are off to Babies R Us.
As soon as we got close enough to the bedding area, I noticed they were completely out of our “froggy tales” set. Then we noticed all of the red stickers that said CLEARANCE! Normally clearance items make us excited but not this time. I hurried to the first salesperson I could find to inquire about this. As our luck would have it, they did not have any more in the back and politely informed us they were discontinuing that specific pattern. Before the tears became rolling, I asked if there was any way for them to call others store to find out what they still had left. For once, lady luck was on our side and a store 40 miles from where we were had the bedding set and several other pieces still in stock. The salesperson asked what items we wanted and I responded by telling her to hold one of everything she had left in that pattern and that we would be there in less than an hour to get all of it.
Thankfully it all worked out in the end and we were able to get the pattern that we wanted. As soon as our furniture comes in, it will be time to decorate! More on that coming soon.

No comments: