Kim, Dawn and Mason

A place for me to share the next phase of our lives; being mommies to Mason!

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Reconnecting with old friends

Over the past 6 months, I have reconnected with a bunch of friends from high school and college using Facebook. While many people are opposed to the use of social media sites such as FB, I absolutely love it. It has become rather addicting. I found a high school friend that I have not seen nor spoken to in 15 years. We were able to get together for dinner this past weekend and it was great. She has recently gotten married so I was able to meet her new husband and she was able to meet Dawn. We had a wonderful time catching up. I was also able to locate another high school friend of mine that happens to live 3 hours away in Wilmington. She has been living in NC for the past two years and neither of us had any idea we were living that close to each other. We get to Wilmington every couple of months to visit Dawn’s mom. Our next visit will be in a couple of weeks so, Dawn and I plan to have dinner with her and her partner.
It is always interesting to reconnect with old friends. It is amazing when you find the ones you haven’t talked to in 15+ years and yet it feels like yesterday when you see them. Your friendship bond is still there. I have discovered that we all just got caught up in living life and time just passed us by. If you haven’t reconnected with anyone from your past lately, Search the internet Facebook or MySpace perhaps, pick up the phone or write a letter. You will be glad you did.

No comments: