Kim, Dawn and Mason

A place for me to share the next phase of our lives; being mommies to Mason!

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Registering, Shopping, Spring Cleaning and Preparing the Baby's Room!

Wow, what a week. Dawn and I were supposed to be on vacation this week but it turned into a week of "work". We spent the first part of the week registering and shopping for all of the fun stuff that we want for our son. It took us a couple of hours to register at Babies R Us and Target. While I thought this was loads of fun, Dawn was not as thrilled. I thought I was prepared as I had done tons of research on all sorts of baby products for the past couple of months but quickly found out that I wasn't as prepared as I thought I was. Oh, well, it is done for the most part. My sisters are going to review our registries to let us know what we missed!
Now on to our spring cleaning. We cleaned out closets, moved furniture, washed windows, hung blinds and cleaned base boards. All necessary projects in order for us to prepare the baby's room. Sounds like fun, huh. For the past eight years we have been able to use all three closets in the house for our "stuff"; however, since our son will be here before we know it, we had to clean out his closet to get it ready for all of his stuff. In doing so, it was time to part with clothes that we thought we would wear again and "things" that we have kept thinking we would eventually use someday. After taking 4 bags of clothes, 3 CD stands, a bag of books and several boxes of odds and ends, we have managed to consolidate two closets into one.
Then we were off to Babies R Us to pick up the baby's furniture. There was a bit of a snafu and the furitnure was delivered to the store in Raleigh as opposed to the one in Durham where we ordered everything from! After an hour on the phone with several managers, the best they could do was give us $75 credit on our invoice so we were off to Raleigh in Dawn's little pickup truck. I was a bit skeptical whether or not the 4 huge boxes would fit but she was determined to make it work. After tying everything down really well, we were headed home. We looked like the Clampets; all we needed was Granny in the rocking chair on top and it would have been perfect! We finally made it home safely!
Dawn spent the afternoon putting the crib together, hanging the wall decorations and the curtains and now the baby's room is complete. It looks awesome if I must say so myself.

No comments: