Kim, Dawn and Mason

A place for me to share the next phase of our lives; being mommies to Mason!

Monday, September 28, 2009

Growing, Growing, Growing

Look at my baby. I cannot believe
how much he has grown in the past couple of days. About the time he gets to the point that he can fit into all of the cute 0 -3 month shorts outfits that we have hanging in his closet, mother nature decides she wants to give us nice cool days. Yes, I know that it is Fall and time for the nice cool days but it is rare that Summer decides to leave us on schedule. It usually sticks around for much longer than we want but so far not this year. Guess there will be some lucky little boy out there that will get lots of clothes that have never been worn! :-(

This past week has been a big week for us. Mason has been sleeping in a bassinet since he was born. He started out in our room then we moved him in to the den and now he is in his big baby crib. The transition did not go that well. While he has not been a great sleeper overall, we had finally gotten up to 3.5 hour stretches. Once we moved him to his crib, he started waking up every 45 minutes to an hour. Ouch. This went on for 3 days and as you can imagine Mommy was exhausted. I think I got 6 hours of sleep over those 3 days. I am happy to say things are getting better. We are back up to 3 to 3.5 hour stretches. We hope he will continue to get more comfortable and will stretch that to 4 - 5 hours at a time. Pray for us that this happens sooner than later as I go back to work on November 2.

Speaking of going back to work. Part of me is looking forward to returning and part of me is dreading that day. While it has been quite an experience being a stay at home mom, it is something that I know I could never do forever. Don't get me wrong, I have LOVED the time that I have had with Mason. Watching him grow and change daily right before my very eyes has been wonderful and something I am sure to miss when I return to work BUT I have never been a homebody. I like to be around people and like to go more than is possible with an infant. My hat goes off to all of you that are stay at home moms. You are awesome and have one of the toughest jobs EvEr! Of course, the reality of returning to work means that Mason has to go to daycare. We are registered and signed up to send him to a small daycare that is close to our house. Just talking about having to send him to daycare makes me teary eyed. More on that later in another post.

Until next time.


No comments: