Kim, Dawn and Mason

A place for me to share the next phase of our lives; being mommies to Mason!

Monday, September 14, 2009

Smiling, Cooing and Losing His Hair!

I cannot believe that our little guy is almost 6 weeks old. Where does the time go? For the most part, everything has been wonderful. Thankfully, we have had more good days than not so good. After getting off to a rocky start, it seems as if we are finally getting the hang of things. We have had to switch formulas yet again but think that soy formula is going to be what works best for Mason. He has been on it for 5 days now and I can see a huge difference in him. I never imagined it would be such a guessing game with so many things. I have learned something new everyday!

Mason has been changing so much over the past couple of weeks. He has lost almost all of his hair on the top of his head. He still has most of the hair he was born with on the sides and now looks like a little old man. He's just giving us a glimpse of what he will look like when he gets older and starts getting a receeding hairline!

A few days ago, he smiled for the first time. Yes, we have been getting the "gassy" smiles since birth but this one was a "real" smile. He was waking up from his morning nap so I picked him up and gave him a big hug and said good morning sunshine. He responded with a big melt your heart smile. It was so sweet. Later that day, he smiled again for one of our neighbors so I have proof that he is actually smiling.

He has also started cooing and grunting more over the past couple of days. I spend quite a bit of time talking to him and watching his response. He loves to be talked to and tries really hard to "talk" to me as well. I think it is funny watching his little mouth move and nothing really come out. I know he is thinking to himself, "Mommy you just wait. I'll be talking before you know it and then you will be wishing I'd be quiet!
Mason is waking up so gotta run for now. Until next time....

No comments: