Kim, Dawn and Mason

A place for me to share the next phase of our lives; being mommies to Mason!

Sunday, May 9, 2010

My 1st Mother's Day

Today was my first Mother's Day. I thought for a long time that I would never be able to celebrate this day as a mother myself. Thank God that he has blessed me with a healthy baby boy and I can celebrate the joys of being a mom with all of the other special women out there. Mason woke up extra early to tell me Happy Mother's Day. He must have excited because by 5:30 he was ready to start his day. Mommy was not but didn't have much of a choice. Unfortunately, Mason has been running a fever for the past two days so I was worried he may still have a fever so I got up as soon as I heard him. After checking his fever and feeding him a bottle, we spent a little mommy and Mason time laying in the bed upstairs just enjoying our time together waiting on MiMi to wake up so we could open our Mother's Day gifts.

Finally MiMi woke up and we got to open presents. Mason got MiMi a new watch, a CD, a carwash and as a joke a work out video! Mason got mommy two new pairs of earrings and an awesome card that is also a photo frame. It said,

Happy First Mother's Day, Mommy

My mommy is so special 'cause she keeps me safe and sound.
And I always feel so warm and loved whenever she's around.
My mommy is so special 'cause she makes life good for me -
I'm so lucky that my mommy is the best that there could be!

I Love My Mommy!



Until next time...

No comments: