Kim, Dawn and Mason

A place for me to share the next phase of our lives; being mommies to Mason!

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Our Baseball Outing

Today we took Mason to his first baseball game. It wasn't the major leagues but it was a group of 4, 5 and 6 year olds dreaming to one day make it to the big league.

It was our nephew, Joshua's baseball game. He loves baseball. He was so cute out there in his Crimson Tide uniform playing third base. He played really well. Got a few hits and even stopped several grounders. It was great watching him play. It was even better when the game was over and he came running over to where we were and said, "Guess who won? We did. We won the game," he exclaimed with a huge smile on his face!

I am looking forward to when Mason will be playing sports. Of course we will start out playing YMCA sports. The YMCA philosophy is centered on participation and FUNdamentals where everyone plays, everyone wins! Then once he gets several years under his belt playing, we will move to the more competitive leagues because I know Mason will be a super athlete. Why wouldn't he? I was once a good athlete so I am certain he will be!! :-) I really want Mason to like sports. I will try very hard to let him choose what he is interested in but you can bet I will be hoping he plays baseball and/or basketball as those are my two favorite sports!

Check back with us in several years to find out which sport he chooses.

Until next time.....

Kim

No comments: