Kim, Dawn and Mason

A place for me to share the next phase of our lives; being mommies to Mason!

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Bobsled Ride

Yes you read the correctly. I rode in an actual bobsled. I went out to Salt Lake City for a YMCA conference and while we were there we took one afternoon to do some exploring of the area. We decided to go to Park City, Utah which in case you don’t remember was the home of the 2002 Winter Olympics. We walked around downtown and enjoyed the fabulous weather and “scenery”. We had lunch and a couple of beers at a bar called O’Shucks then headed to the Olympic park to have some fun. The “Comet” ride went about 80 miles per hour and reached 4g force which is equivalent to falling from a 40 story building. It lasted 1.01 minutes and was awesome. It was probably one of those “once in a lifetime” opportunities and I am so glad I did it. I admit I was scared at first as I am one that hates roller coaster rides so wasn’t sure how this would compare but I did it anyway. Of course I couldn’t let the guys that I was with out do me so I went along and am really glad I did.

How many people do you know that have ridden in a bobsled on an Olympic track??

Until next time….

Kim

No comments: