Kim, Dawn and Mason

A place for me to share the next phase of our lives; being mommies to Mason!

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Decision Made

I have decided to not apply for the position. It was a really hard, soul searching decision for me. I so wanted to go for it but after spending a week thinking about it, talking about it, losing sleep over it I came to the conclusion that it just wasn't going to work for me and my family right now. I am not ready to give up my time with Mason and the very real possibility of having to live apart from Dawn just makes my heart ache. While things have been very difficult over the last several months, I have still had the opportunity to leave at 5:00 every day to get home to Mason so I can have a couple hours with him before he goes to bed. My Y allows me to be the mom that I have so long desired to be and that outweighs pretty much all other things right now. I have a wonderful staff that run the Y in my absence allowing me to be with my family. Thinking about the demands of a new position, opening and being responsible for all that comes with a new Y, the pressure I would be under to perform well at work and then have to balance all of that as a single parent for 6 months maybe longer just overwhelmed me.

I strongly considered going through the process just for the experience but after talking to a couple of my HR friends I felt that it would in my best interest to not waste their time as I want to keep the doors to that Association open for any future opportunities. I am thankful for the opportunity to even be asked to apply and have to trust that those opportunities will happen for me again in the future and if the timing is right I will pursue it. My gut tells me that I made the right decision. Only time will tell!

Until next time......

Kim

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Tough! Stick with your gut... it's usually right.