Kim, Dawn and Mason

A place for me to share the next phase of our lives; being mommies to Mason!

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Lordy, Lordy I am 40

Yes that is right on November 16, I turned 40 years old. While that may bother many people, it doesn't bother me. I have the attitude if my 40's are as good as my 30's then I am in for a wonderful decade. So why were my 30's so wonderful. Below is the top 5!

1. I met the most incredible woman in the world a few months after I turned 30 and we now share a fabulous life together. Thanks Dawn for being the best partner in the world. I love you!

2. I purchased my first house. This was a big deal for me. I was able to be involved in the building of the house from the ground up. I learned so much along the way and while I am ready for a bigger house, this one has been a great home!

3. My nephew Joshua was born and besides my son he is the most amazing little boy in the entire world! As a child, he has no idea how much of an impact he has had on me. He kept me grounded during the years of trying to build my own family. I love you more than you will ever know Joshua.

4. I have received 3 promotions within the last 10 years. Moving to Chapel Hill and working for the Chapel Hill - Carrboro YMCA has been a move that has been very fruitful for me and for that I am extremely thankful.

5. Last but certainly not least, my son Mason was born. He was born a few months before I turned 39 and has been the reason that the last year of my 30's have been so incredible. He has changed my life in so many ways. I thank God every day for blessing me with a healthy baby boy. A little boy that has made my heart whole. I love you Mason.

Now can you see why my 30's were so wonderful. I am not sure how the 40's will match up to the 30's but I am excited to find out. Happy Birthday to me!

Until next time......

No comments: