Kim, Dawn and Mason

A place for me to share the next phase of our lives; being mommies to Mason!

Saturday, November 5, 2011

25 Pounds before the 25th of December

Back in August, I set a goal for myself of losing 25lbs by the 25th of December. I was (am) determined to lose this extra weight that I have been carrying around for too many years. I looked back through my blog posts and found this one about losing 25 pounds. That was four months shy of two years ago and well I can say one thing for sure, those 25 pounds stayed put for a solid twenty months.  But, I am proud to say no more. I joined weight watchers once again and this time have stayed with it. I weighed in yesterday for week 13 and I have lost 20.8 pounds thus far! 4.2 more to go before I reach my goal of 25 before the 25th! I can do it. I know I can. The first 15 pounds were a breeze to lose. The last 5 have been hard and I have a feeling the next 5 will be even harder.  Once, I reach my goal, I would like to set another goal of 10 more for a nice total of 35 pounds.  Then I will work really hard to keep it off - forever!

It has been wonderful hearing all of the wonderful comments from friends and co-workers. They are noticing the pounds go away! I can see it too which is awesome. Most of my clothes are too big for me. The best thing was I had purchased some new dress pants for myself back in September and had not taken the tags off of them and I was able to take them back for 2 sizes smaller. Yeah me.  :-) I had to even exchange the shirts that I bought from a large to a medium. Because, I have been such a yo yo dieter, I still had several pairs of pants from a few years ago when I was smaller that I was able to pull out of the closet and begin wearing. I will continue to wear those until I lose all of the weight that I want to lose then I am going to treat myself to a new wardrobe. Look out Tanger Outlets here I come!!

I must tell you that it feels great. I feel so much better and know I am much healthier.  I plan to keep it off and plan to continue to focus on what I eat, how much I eat and will continue to exercise. I want to be a healthy "older" mommy.

Until next time......

No comments: