Kim, Dawn and Mason

A place for me to share the next phase of our lives; being mommies to Mason!

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

It's Been Awhile

One of the things that I just have not had time to do lately is posting on this blog. I don't have many followers so there aren't many to disappoint with my lack of attention to blogging but it still disappoints me since this is supposed to be my "journal" of life as a mommy to Mason. I will make every effort to do better!

So what has been going on with us lately. Let's see...Mason has adjusted really well to his new preschool. It was a rather rocky start as he screamed and cried every morning for almost 7 weeks. It got progressively shorter and shorter each week and his teachers tell me it only lasted for 5 - 10 minutes but it was still HARD! I absolutely hated leaving him crying every day. The first couple of days, I even left crying. I know I am such a whimp. Thank goodness, he has not cried and has been much better at drop off for the past four weeks. He has adjusted well to his new teachers. He loves them both but talks about "Mr. Greg" all the time. We were on our way to school on Friday and out of the blue he said, "I wub Mr. Greg". He has learned so many new songs and sings them every day. He has brought home tons of art work and seems to really enjoy doing art. He is very proud of his art wall that we created for him. He walks by it and says, "my did that at school" and proudly points to all of the pictures. Below is a picture of his "art wall". Enjoy!!

We had our first ever parent / teacher conference yesterday. They had all great things to say about him. They said he was very mature for a young 2 year old, that his language was really developed and that he was a very sweet little boy. The one area that he needed to work on was his table manners! I asked for examples from them to see what it is he needed to work on. The one thing they said was keeping his food on his plate instead of putting it on the table. I told them that was my fault since for many months we would just put his food on the tray of his high chair or when we would be out to eat directly on the table. Now while this may seem weird to you, it made total sense to me since that was much easier than picking up the plate and all the food off the floor. You see, Mason went through a plate slinging phase and me being the OCD mom that I am, my solution was to put his food directly on the tray. That was for solid foods of course. I am crazy but not that crazy! Below is a picture of his "progress report" from preschool!

Mason has has a huge language explosion over the past month. He is very good at articulating what he wants and needs and does so in complete sentences. We have had several people ask us if he was 3 or 4 years old since he speaks so well. With the good language also comes the bad. No, he isn't swearing yet but he has learned to use NO often and always in the right context. He has really become an independent little boy and wants to do everything on his own and in his own time. He doesn't mind telling you he doesn't want to do something and doesn't like something. I keep asking myself where he got his little attitude and well I cannot help but hear my mom saying, "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree you know!!". True, so true. Well, these are a few things that have been going on with Mason. There is so much more but I will try to put those in seperate posts.

Until next time......

No comments: