Kim, Dawn and Mason

A place for me to share the next phase of our lives; being mommies to Mason!

Friday, August 28, 2009

I have been Ms. Betty Crocker this week!

Most of you know that I am not the one who cooks in our house. That is Dawn's "job". She is a great cook and can create a meal out of just about anything. Me on the other hand, not so much. When it is necessary for me to cook, I usually either grill chicken and put something with it or put on a meal in a bag and that is the extent of it. However, for the past week or so I have felt a little guilty about being at home all day and Dawn being at work and her having to come home to fix dinner. Now we all know that I am not home alone doing absolutely nothing but I still feel a bit guilty so I decided to search out recipes to attempt to make. Many of my facebook friends emailed me some awesome recipes that I am sure to try one day soon but the first recipe I tried came from the Kraft Food & Family magazine that I get in the mail. The recipe is Velveeta tex-mex beef and potatoes. It doesn't look all that great in the picture but tasted wonderful. If you are interested the ingredients are as follows:

1 lb ground beef
1 red pepper, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 pkg. (1 1/4 oz) Taco Seasoning Mix
1/2 cup water
4 cups frozen cubed southern style hash browns
1 pkg. (10oz) frozen corn
1/2 lb (80z) Velveeta Cheese cut into cubes

Heat oven to 350. Brown meat with peppers and onions in large skillet; drain. Return to skillet. Stir in taco mix and water. Add potatoes, corn and Velveeta; mix well. Spoon into 13X9 baking dish; cover. Bake 20 min; stir. Bake uncovered for additional 15 min or until heated through.

No comments: