Kim, Dawn and Mason

A place for me to share the next phase of our lives; being mommies to Mason!

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Reflection....

Today was a very relaxing day for Dawn and I. As we sat around doing absolutely nothing on a rainy, Sunday afternoon it gave me an opportunity to reflect on the last 8.5 years that we have been together. It is hard to believe that we have already been together that long. Now don’t get me wrong, I am not saying that it has been a long 8.5 years, it actually feels like it was just yesterday that we first met. The way we met is a very interesting one but one that I will not share at this time. Within months of meeting each other, our friendship turned into a wonderful relationship. We have so much in common yet we also have our own hobbies and interests. I am pretty sure this is the main reason we were so drawn to each other and why we get along so great. Life as just the two of us has been wonderful and I will cherish each day that we have spent together as a gift. As we count down the days until the next chapter in our lives begins, I wanted to be sure to remind Dawn how much I love her and how much she means to me. She is not only my life partner; she is also my best friend. She is the person that I have always dreamed about spending my life with and raising a family with. We are proof that dreams definitely do come true.

In less than 15 days, our son will arrive in this world and will transform our family of two into a family of three. While words cannot explain how excited I am, I have to admit I am also quite scared. I am full of questions that can only be answered with time. One thing that I am sure of is even though I will have a new little son to love, I will continue to love Dawn more and more every day. I promise her that she will always have my heart and that I will always value our life together. I know she will be a wonderful mommy to Mason and will continue to be a wonderful partner to me.

Until next time….

No comments: