Kim, Dawn and Mason

A place for me to share the next phase of our lives; being mommies to Mason!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

1 Year and 7 Months

I was editing the layout of my blog today and saw the LilyPie counter and it reminded me that my child is growing up too quickly.  Saying he is 19 months old is bad enough but to say he is 1 year and 7 months makes it sound like he is so much older than he really is. Either way you look at it, my baby is growing up! Where has the time gone? While I am loving this stage, I am also wanting things to slow waaaayyyyyy down. My little baby has turned into a very active toddler much faster than I ever imagined it would be. Father time while I am extremely thankful for this "time" in my life, I'd like to request that it not move so quickly when it comes to my little man growing up!

So what is Mason up to these days? For starters, he is talking nonstop and picking up on new words daily. His new words this month have been as follows: hard, help, bue (blue), orr ange (orange), ellow (yellow), her, buhfly (butterfly), peese (please), jack (jacket), cloud, vroom vroom, gahic (garlic), man and gurl (girl). He has mastered a few new names too. Those include Hannah, Bremen (Brandon)' Seff (Seth) and sihmey (Sydney).  These are some of his cousins!

We also have the typical toddler things going on as well. Some of these things are not wanting to share, pitching temper tantrums, and being bossy. I am not sure where he gets his temper from but for some reason my mom keeps telling me the apple doesn't fall from the tree!!! :-) He has learned to say "NO" very well and is using that word much more than I like! He got in trouble today at daycare for kicking and hitting his friends. He even kicked one of his teachers and was put in time out! OMG - not my child. Guess it is time for a little firmer discipline at home for all of these things. :-(

As you all know by now, I could go on and on about my dear child as I adore him but I will cut this short and save some for another day.

Until next time......

No comments: