Kim, Dawn and Mason

A place for me to share the next phase of our lives; being mommies to Mason!

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Play Structure Shopping

On Saturday, we went all over Raleigh looking for a play structure for Mason. The first place we went was Creative Playthings. They had an indoor showroom with over a dozen different play stuctures set up for the customers to try out. We had the entire place to ourselves so took advantage of trying each one out. Well not all of them. We went for the big ones. They were much cooler than the smaller, dinky structures. Of course, we would like the big ones. They are the ones with the $3100 price tag. The one below is the one we got a quote for.



 Now on to play structure place #2. Rainbow Play Systems had an outdoor "showroom". They had about a dozen structures set up and since the weather was nice there were a lot of people looking for a cool play structure for their children too.  Mason had a blast sliding down all of the slides and climbing up the stairs to get to the clubhouses. He also enjoyed throwing rocks and playing with the recycled rubber mulch.  Mommy and Momma had lots of fun too. After asking a ton of questions, we decided that we like the one below the best. Of course it came with a hefty price tag as well. This one topped the charts at $3500.


After spending several hours out and about looking for the perfect play structure for Mason, we decided it was time to head home to read about the reviews for each of the structures. 

Is it crazy to spend $3000 plus on a playstructure for our child? Dawn says yes and I say no. I look at it as at least a 10 year investment which equates to only $300 - $350 a year. What do you think? What type of play structures do you have for your children?

Until next time......

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

When I was little, my play set was two swings, monkey bars, and slide. I didn't want anything more. Keep it simple. A child's imagination will provide endless hours of fun.

Kim said...

I know, I know, the more I think about it, the closer I get to buying something a bit more economical. I just want to be sure I am not a victim of you "get what you buy"! Our neighbors all have less expensive structures but they have complained so much about them and they have not lasted longer than 4 - 5 years so I also want to think along those lines too!