Kim, Dawn and Mason

A place for me to share the next phase of our lives; being mommies to Mason!

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Response to My Neighbor

I finally responded to my neighbor's "unwanted" note in my mailbox. While every bone in my body wanted to respond to her and just tell her off, I decided to write a nice but direct note and just let it go. Below is what I said to her.

Neighbor,

Thanks for thinking of us but we are not the least bit interested in attending the Exodus Freedom Conference. We are not in any way struggling with who we are. Quite the opposite as we are a very confident family who loves each other very much. While our family is a more “non-traditional” family, it is still a family in every sense of the word. Our hope is that you can accept us for who we are and that you will continue to care about us. We too care about your family and have enjoyed being great neighbors. We have often considered moving but the fact that our neighborhood is as diverse as it is, has kept us here for over 10 years. We like the fact that there are same-sex families, bi-racial couples, black families, singles, elderly folks and families with children and without children all in the same small neighborhood. We hope you are enjoying this wonderful weather. Have a great weekend.

Hopefully I got my point across and she will not try to "help" us again.

Until next time,

No comments: